The mission of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to provide a means of communication between Berea College student-athletes and the administration of the Athletic Department. The intention of this collaboration is to enhance the student-athlete experience on our campus and to protect both the health and well-being of all student-athletes at Berea.
- To promote communication amongst athletic department personnel, faculty, college administration and student-athletes.
- To promote an understanding of the needs of Berea College student-athletes within the campus community, the conference and our national association.
- To solicit the input of student-athletes regarding proposed campus, conference and national legislation that has an effect on the student-athlete experience.
- To actively promote Berea College athletics to the campus community.
- To create an avenue for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees that discuss issues pertinent to student-athlete well-being both academically and athletically.
2018-19 SAAC Executive Board
Katherine Gonterman, President
Bethany Williams, Vice President
Ivanna Sabino, Secretary
2018-19 SAAC Representatives
Griffen Norris, Baseball
TBA, Men's Basketball
Bethany Williams, Women's Basketball
Landon Bond, Men's Cross Country
Ivanna Sabino, Women's Cross Country
Michael Akard, Golf
Dorian Del Toro, Men's Soccer
Amber Frolin, Women's Soccer
TBA, Men's Tennis
Ashley Ferrell, Women's Tennis
Corey Carroll, Men's Track and Field
Kaylee Robinson, Women's Track and Field
Katherine Gonterman, Volleyball
Kenna Morris, Cheerleading
Kevin Kim, Coordinator of Athletic Events and Sports Information