Berea, KY - The Berea College women's tennis team had a busy weekend at home taking on Thomas More on Friday and Johnson University on Saturday. The Mountaineers dropped their match on Friday to Thomas More by a score of 8-1. On Saturday the Mountaineers bounced back to get the 8-1 win over the Royals.
On Friday Thomas More swept singles play and headed into doubles with a 6-1 lead. The doubles team of Taylor Moyers and Trinity Goodman picked up the doubles win. Thomas More won the #2 and #3 doubles matches and took the overall match by a score of 8-1.
On Saturday the Mountaineers returned to their home court to face the Royals of Johnson University on Saturday. After singles play the Mountaineers held a solid 5-1 lead over the Royals. Berea swept the doubles action and went on to win the overall match by a score of 8-1.
Berea will be back in action at home on October 16th in a tri-match against Indiana-East University and Maryville College.
Thomas More def. Berea College 8-1
(2) Anna Hetzer/ Lacey Pohlman (TMC) def. Bria Williams/Erin Goodpaster (Berea) 8-1
(3) Madison Light/Grace Lubbe (TMC) def. Alicia Bedolla/Ashley Ferrell (Berea) 8-6
(1) Brooke Warden (TMC) def. Taylor Moyers (Berea) 6-1, 6-1
(2) Anna Hetzer (TMC) def. Trinity Goodman (Berea) 6-3, 6-1
(3) Lacey Pohlman (TMC) def. Ashley Ferrell (Berea) 6-1, 6-0
(4) Sarah Fellinger (TMC) def. Marah Ziedan (Berea) 6-0, 6-0
(5) Grace Lubbe (TMC) def. Alicia Bedolla (Berea) 6-1, 6-3
(6) Sarah Hasting (TMC) def. Deshontanae Davis (Berea) 6-2, 6-0
Women's Tennis – BEREA COLLEGE def. JOHNSON UNIVERSITY 8-1
(2) Alicia Bedolla/Ashley Ferrell (BEREA) def. Hannah Hamm/Camile Hyatt (JOHNSON) 8-3
(3) Berea def. Johnson (Default)
(1) Taylor Moyers (BEREA) def. Olivia Yates (JOHNSON) 6-0, 6-1
(2) Trinity Goodman (BEREA) def. Madison Buchanan (JOHNSON) 6-3, 6-1
(3) Hannah Hamm (JOHNSON) def. Ashley Ferrell (BEREA) 6-2, 6-2
(4) Alicia Bedolla (BEREA) def. Camile Hyatt (JOHNSON) 6-2, 6-0
(5) Marah Ziedan (BEREA) def. Danielle Shackleford (JOHNSON) 6-0, 6-0
(6) Berea def. Johnson (Default)